Cheese and Bacon Turnovers
A childhood favourite these bacon and cheese turnovers make a great snack and are delicious when re-heated.
- Square of Pre-bought Puff Pastry
- Beaten egg to glaze
- 1 rasher Back bacon
- 25-30g Grated Cheddar or other cheese
- Spoonful of Mustard
- So simply times these ingredients by the number of turnovers you’d like to make
- First of all, Preheat your oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7, And fry off your bacon, removing any extra fat
- Next roll out your pastry and cut into squares
- Brush on a little mustard in the middle of the square
- Top with bacon and some of the cheese.
- Brush the outside corners with egg wash.
- Grab two opposite corners, and pinch them together (egg wash will help them stick) this will make the traditional open ended looking turnover (this part is hard to describe so just experiment and use the images above!
- Egg wash the whole thing and Sprinkle the top with further cheese.
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes until the pastry has risen and is golden brown.
Why not add mushrooms, tomato, sausages, or even some black pudding!