Cheese and Bacon Turnovers
These made great office snacks for a team of hungry boys who don’t have to worry about watching their waistlines; I on the other hand sat in the corner with my brown bread sandwich, sob..
If I can whip this up between getting home at 8pm and going to bed at 10pm I know you can too..so easy it hurts..
- Square of Pre bought Puff Pastry (because Life. is. Too. Short)
- Beaten egg to glaze
- 1-2 Slices tomato
- 1 rasher Back bacon
- 25-30g Grated Cheddar or other cheese
- Spoonful of Mustard
- So simply times these ingredients by the number of hungry boys you have. Miss out the tomatoes if you like..I did a mixture of with and without :
- First of all, Preheat your oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7, And fry off your bacon, removing any extra fat
- Next roll out your pastry and cut into squares
- Brush on a little mustard in the middle of the square and lay a tomato slice on (optional)
- Top with bacon and some of the cheese.
- Brush the outside corners with egg wash.
- Grab two opposite corners, and pinch them together (egg wash will help them stick) this will make the traditional open ended looking turnover (this part is hard to describe so just experiment and use the images above!
- Egg wash the whole thing and Sprinkle the top with further cheese.
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes until the pastry has risen and is golden brown.